Brush & Bulky Goods
Garland Environmental Waste Services proudly offers weekly brush and bulky goods pick-up from the front curb of residences on the same day as regular trash collection. Brush and Bulky Goods Collection is provided for large household items that will not fit into your green trash container. All items placed for collection should be generated by residents at their own property.
The city does not collect contractor-generated waste from construction repairs, remodeling jobs or tree/lawn work.
Please help us provide timely and safe service by following the guidelines below.
- Brush and bulky waste is collected weekly on the same day as your green trash cart.
- Brush and bulky items may only be placed at curbside after 6 a.m. on the day before collection. Brush and bulky items should be set out for collection no later than 7 a.m. on collection day.
- Avoid placing brush or bulky waste near the mailbox, electrical and cable boxes, phone pedestals, sprinkler heads, overhanging limbs or other stationary obstructions.
- Materials should not create a safety hazard by blocking the view of motorists.
- Materials blocked by vehicles cannot be collected in order to avoid damage to parked vehicles.
- Brush should not be mixed with other bulky waste such as mattresses and furniture.
- Brush, bulky waste, appliances and bagged grass and leaves should be set out in separate, distinct piles that are at least four feet apart.
- Do not place paint, propane tanks, or other household chemicals in your brush or bulky pile. Please take them directly to the Dallas County Home Chemical Collection Center, located at 11234 Plano Road. This service is free for Garland residents.
- Click here for more information on household hazardous waste.
- No masonry, asphalt, concrete, rocks, tires, dirt, or pallets will be picked up at the curb.
- No roofing materials will be picked up at the curb.
- Brush pickup is for residents who have performed tree or brushwork on their property only.
- Construction debris pickup is for residents who have performed remodeling work on their own property only and can be set out for collection only four times per year during each calendar year.
- If we do not pick up your brush or bulky waste, we will leave a tag affixed to the pile or to your door explaining why it was not collected.